Self-discovering is a big ole part when it comes to personal development. Fully understand your strengths, weaknesses, dreams, goals, things that work for you and things that don’t is the very first step of you living your dream life. The way I see it, we can’t use our power flawlessly unless we know what it really is.
A big part of how I connect with my inner self is creating space for my mind to think and process my own thoughts and feelings. By doing this, I’m able to realign and improve the relationship I have with myself.
There are plenty of ways to getting to know yourself. You can start with meditation or taking personality tests. It depends on what works for you.
But today, I’m gonna share with you my list of journal prompts for self-discovery that is totally easy to follow and will help you better understand what your mind and soul are telling you.
Grab your pen and write the answer to the following questions. You won’t get results by silently thinking these answers in your head. Remember that!
Wait… what if I’m not sure what to write?
Don’t worry. Once you put your pen on the paper and start writing the very first idea that pops up in your brain, the second idea will eventually show up.
I discovered this while reading a book that challenged me to take action by writing down the answer to a bunch of questions. I didn’t know what to write at first and was about to skip it. But when I decided to take this challenge, the ideas in my head just kept pouring out that I couldn’t stop writing. Impressive, huh?
Journal Prompts For Self Care & Self Love:
1. What is your best personality trait? (start simple)
2. List 3 things that make you feel loved today.
3. List 10 things that put a smile on your face.
4. What are your favorite ways to unplug & practice self-care?
5. Name 3 mistakes that you decided to forgive yourself for.
6. What do you feel when I think about yourself?
7. Write down 5 dreams you have made happen.
8. What does happiness mean to you?
9. How do you encourage yourself to try something new?
10. List the 2 memories that you cherish the most.
11. Your ways to slow down and feel more present.
12. Any future plans that fill you up with butterflies?
13. The nicest compliment someone has ever given you.
Journal Prompts For Personal Growth & Development:
14. List 3 things you wish you were better at.
15. The reason why personal development is important to you.
16. If you could have anything in the world, what would you choose?
17. Who is your biggest inspiration? Why is that?
18. The fears that hold you back from living your best life.
19. Name 5 things you’d like to change about yourself.
20. What are your top 3 favorite hobbies?
21. What do you want to be remembered for?
22. The life you want to achieve in the next 12 months.
23. The amount of money you want to make in the next 3 years.
24. The biggest challenge you have overcome in your life.
25. Something you would like to teach others.
26. What does success means to you?
The lists include 4 mini sections: self-care & self-love, personal development, family & relationship, dreaming & achieving.
I know it’s a long list. You don’t have to finish them at once. No need to rush. Instead, try to start slow, write about 1-2 prompts at a time, and be as detailed as you can. I wish you the best of luck with your journaling and self-discovery.